Stephen Jackson says Eagles' DeSean Jackson 'speaking the truth' with controversial posts

Stephen Jackson says Eagles' DeSean Jackson 'speaking the truth' with controversial posts


Former NBA player Stephen Jackson defended DeSean Jackson on Tuesday night, saying the Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver was "speaking the truth" with his controversial social media posts, including an anti-Semitic message that he attributed to Adolf Hitler.

The Eagles called DeSean Jackson's posts "offensive, harmful and absolutely appalling," and the wide receiver later issued two separate statements of apology with "a promise to do better."

"So I just read a statement that the Philadelphia Eagles posted regarding DeSean Jackson's comments. He was trying to educate himself, educate people, and he's speaking the truth. Right? He's speaking the truth. You know he don't hate nobody, but he's speaking the truth of the facts that he knows and trying to educate others," Stephen Jackson said in a video posted on Instagram.

"But y'all don't want us to educate ourselves. If it's talking about the Black race, y'all ain't saying nothing about it. They killing us, police killing us and treating us like s---, racism at an all-time high, but ain't none of you NFL owners spoke up on that, ain't none of you teams spoke up on that. But the same team had a receiver [Riley Cooper] who said the word n----- publicly! They gave him an extension! I play for the Big3. We have a Jewish owner. He understands where we stand and some of the things we say, but it's not directed to him. It's the way we've been treated."

He later deleted the video but appeared to respond to backlash he received with another post:

Meet Olympia Lightning Bolt: Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt's baby daughter

Meet Olympia Lightning Bolt: Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt's baby daughter

Record-breaking Jamaican athlete Usain Bolt, revealed photographs on social media late Tuesday of his new baby daughter, the aptly named Olympia Lightning Bolt.

The eight-time Olympic gold medalist posted a series of images, complete with a lightning emoji, of his daughter, who was born in May, to celebrate his long-time girlfriend Kasi Bennett's birthday.

"I want to wish my gf a happy birthday," he wrote on his Instagram page. "Now we have started a new chapter together with our daughter Olympia Lightning Bolt I look forward to what the future will bring for us but be reassured that I will be the ROCK for this family."

Image

Bolt, 33, made his name in the 2008 Beijing Olympics and went on to solidify his status at the London and Rio games. Known for his confident swagger on the track and often leaving a gaping berth between him and fellow athletes, as he passed the finish line with arms outstretched. He retired in 2017.

He still holds world records in the 100m and 200m events and confirmed his girlfriend Bennett was expecting a daughter in an Instagram video in March, but this is the first-time images and a name have been revealed.

Celebrity baby names often raise eyebrows. Earlier this year, singer Grimes and Tesla CEO Elon Musk, named their son "X Æ A-Xii" pronounced "Ash," Musk later clarified.

Actress Cameron Diaz and musician Benji Madden announced the birth of their daughter in January "Raddix Madden," while reality television star Malika Haqq and O.T Genasis named their son "Ace."

Breathing down Chelsea and Man City's necks - how the Premier League table looks since Mikel Arteta took charge of Arsenal

Breathing down Chelsea and Man City's necks - how the Premier League table looks since Mikel Arteta took charge of Arsenal

With four games to go, Arsenal are nine points off fourth. Even the most optimistic Gooner would admit Champions League qualification is a long shot at this stage.

Regardless of whether Man City’s ban from playing Europe football is upheld and finishing fifth is enough to qualify, Arsenal are still five points away from that target and have played one more game than Manchester United,

Arsenal could only draw to Leicester in their last match but the feeling is a lot more positive at the club these days

So if the inevitable happens and Arsenal don’t make it that’ll be the fourth straight season they’ve failed to qualify for Europe’s premier club competition.

Arteta has a huge task on his hands but appears to be steering Arsenal in the right direction

Nevertheless, there’s a reason for Arsenal fans to be positive as they’re showing clear signs of progress under manager Mikel Arteta.

Before the season restarted, they were the only club to boast an unbeaten record in the Premier League in 2020.

They had a slight hiccup when football came back, losing against Manchester City and Brighton but have recovered strongly since.

Wins against Southampton, Norwich and Wolves and sealing their place in the FA Cup semi-finals has reinvigorated their season and they almost got the better of Leicester in the league on Tuesday night.

Arteta seems to be establishing control over the squad by taking firm stands against players who find themselves in the headlines for the wrong reasons.

And this stat shows Arsenal are very much on the right track under the Spaniard.

He was appointed just before Christmas, overseeing Arsenal’s goalless draw at Everton on December 21 before officially taking charge when the Gunners drew at Bournemouth on Boxing Day.

Arteta has led Arsenal for 16 Premier League matches and the form table reveals they would be just a point off Manchester City and Chelsea, who are third and fourth respectively.



CWNT and Utah Royals midfielder Desiree Scott pulls out of NWSL Challenge Cup

CWNT and Utah Royals midfielder Desiree Scott pulls out of NWSL Challenge Cup


Desiree ScottCanada women's national team midfielder Desiree Scott became the latest high-profile player to pull out of the National Women's Soccer League Challenge Cup in Utah.

The Utah Royals player made the announcement Tuesday morning on Twitter, hours before her team is set to play the Houston Dash.

This game is all I know and is beyond important to my heart," the 32-year-old native of Winnipeg wrote. "But one thing that is closer and dearer and has always come first is my family. I unfortunately will not be playing in the Challenge Cup. Beyond disappointed to not step on that field today but will see you soon."

Scott, capped 156 times by Canada, is the latest in a long list of players not partaking in the tournament, citing health concerns from the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Among others sitting out include Mallory Pugh, Christen Press, Tobin Heath and Megan Rapinoe.

The tournament in Herriman, UT, kicked off on Sunday with two matches.

Along with the Royals/Dash game, OL Reign will take on Sky Blue FC in the day's late match.

Keyshawn Johnson adding ‘NFL Live’ to his ESPN resurgence

Keyshawn Johnson adding ‘NFL Live’ to his ESPN resurgence



ESPN Keyshawn Johnson NFL Live

ESPN is going all in with Keyshawn Johnson.

After The Post’s Andrew Marchand reported Johnson landed a spot on ESPN Radio’s national morning show, ESPN announced that the former Jets receiver will also be a part of the network’s revamped “NFL Live” program starting in August.

Laura Rutledge will be the new host of “NFL Live,” replacing Wendi Nix, as The Post previously reported. Marcus Spears, Dan Orlovsky and Mina Kimes will join Johnson as daily analysts, while Ryan Clark will appear on Fridays. The NFL and radio moves leave Trey Wingo in limbo.

Johnson, 47, was an analyst on “Sunday Night Countdown” and “Monday Night Countdown” from 2007-2015 before leaving briefly in 2016. He’s been hosting a local radio show on ESPN Radio in Los Angeles.

Kimes will no longer host the “ESPN Daily” podcast, with that gig going to Pablo Torre. The Post previously reported that Torre was getting a contract extension after the network pulled the plug on “High Noon,” which featured Torre and Bomani Jones.

Rockies’ Ian Desmond passionately explains why he’s sitting out the 2020 season: ‘Home is where I need to be’

Rockies’ Ian Desmond passionately explains why he’s sitting out the 2020 season: ‘Home is where I need to be’

Colorado Rockies outfielder Ian Desmond hit .255 with 20 homers in 140 games last season.

Colorado Rockies outfielder Ian Desmond plans to sit out this season to be with his family and help grow youth baseball in his hometown in Florida.

The 34-year-old Desmond wrote Monday night on Instagram that the “COVID-19 pandemic has made this baseball season one that is a risk I am not comfortable taking.” But the biracial slugger also mentioned a myriad of issues within baseball, including racism, sexism, homophobia and socioeconomic concerns.

“With a pregnant wife and four young children who have lots of questions about what’s going on in the world, home is where I need to be right now,” Desmond wrote on Instagram. “Home for my wife, Chelsey. Home to help. Home to guide. Home to answer my older three boys’ questions about Coronavirus and Civil Rights and life. Home to be their Dad.”

Bukayo Saka’s Versatility Is The Sign Of A Truly Special Player; Arsenal Must Not Let Him Leave

Bukayo Saka’s Versatility Is The Sign Of A Truly Special Player; Arsenal Must Not Let Him Leave

Arsenal FC v West Ham United - Premier League

       How often do you see a professional soccer player switching positions from game to game? A few might be able to play as either a central or wide attacker; some may be able to play on the left and right of a central defensive partnership; a few may even be adept as a full-back on both flanks. But how many do you see playing in roles that require a completely distinct skillsets, different ways of understanding the game, unique sets of movements and interactions with team-mates?

Neal Maupay's needless challenge led to the Gunners No.1 being stretchered off and the forward then went on to score the winning goal for Brighton

Another game, another horrible injury, another horrendous Arsenal defeat – one that surely ends any chances of Champions League

 football next season.

Belmont Stakes odds, predictions 2020: Surprising picks from top expert who's hit five races in a row

Belmont Stakes odds, predictions 2020: Surprising picks from top expert who's hit five races in a row

  152nd Belmont Stakes - Previews Weather conditions could be a factor in the opening leg of the Triple Crown, with forecasts calling for a chance of rain at Belmont Park, New York, on Saturday,

Traditionally the final race of the Triple Crown, the Belmont Stakes serves as the opening chapter this year, after the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes were postponed because of the novel coronavirus pandemic.

  With four wins in five starts, including victories in the Florida Derby and Champagne Stakes, Tiz the Law has the look of a horse who could not only win the 2020 Belmont Stakes, but also be a Triple Crown contender. The Barclay Tagg-trained colt bred out of Twin Creeks (N.Y.) Farm, however, must overcome daunting history at Saturday's Belmont Stakes 2020. Only three post-time favorites have won the Belmont in the past 15 years. Additionally, only five winners have come from the No. 8 post position, which is what Tiz the Law drew earlier this week

Given the unorthodox nature of this year’s race, why not look at some of the less traditional wagering options and prop odds for this afternoons race.

Lindsey Vonn Elevates Her Moto Jacket & Shorts Look With White-Hot Heels

Lindsey Vonn Elevates Her Moto Jacket & Shorts Look With White-Hot Heels

 

They celebrated Loving Day on June 12 - the anniversary of the 1967 ruling that abolished all anti-miscegenation laws remaining in 16 US States that were put in place to ban interracial marriage. 

Lindsey Vonn knows how to take a look from daytime to evening — and it’s all about the shoes.
For a night out in Los Angeles on June 13 alongside her fiancé, NHL star P.K. Subban, Vonn sported a white and tan moto jacket layered over a white T-shirt and matching shorts

 


Eden Hazard named in starting XI on Real Madrid's LaLiga return

Eden Hazard named in starting XI on Real Madrid's LaLiga return

REAL MADRID return to action following the coronavirus suspension with a clash against struggling Eibar.

Zinedine Zidane's title challengers return to LaLiga action on Sunday in the unfamiliar surrounds of the Estadio Alfredo Di Stefano as renovation work continues at their Santiago Bernabeu home.
Following Barcelona's easy win at Mallorca yesterday, a win for Madrid this evening is crucial as it would narrow the gap between the fierce rivals back to just two points at the summit.
They will be playing this 'home' game at the 6,000 capacity ground, which is the home of their reserve team, as renovation work continues at the Santiago Bernabeu. A win will see them close the gap on Barcelona to two points after the La Liga leaders beat Mallorca 4-0 on Saturday
 

 


Adria Tour round-up: Djokovic beats Zverev but misses out on final

Adria Tour round-up: Djokovic beats Zverev but misses out on final

Novak Djokovic of Serbia celebrates after the match against Alexander Zverev of Germany at the Adria Tour charity exhibition tournament hosted by Novak Djokovic on June 14, 2020 in Belgrade

Of course, I feel sad and disappointed. We have tried very hard to carry that out and it did not come to a realization. There is nothing more to it - we are turning a new page.Despite his victory, he missed out on a place in the weekend's final - with Filip Krajinovic going through instead. The Serbian came out firing in the first set, but Zverev responded stylishly, winning the second set 4-1. Djokovic had the crowd behind him at the Belgrade tennis centre which bears his name, and in the third set he consolidated his ground strokes and served out the match.   

Novak Djokovic beat Victor Troicki in Belgrade

      Meanwhile, the third event of the Adria Tour, due to take place in Montenegro at the end of the month, has been cancelled by local organisers 

Yankees expected to fight judge’s order to have 2017 letter from MLB over team’s own sign stealing unsealed

Yankees expected to fight judge’s order to have 2017 letter from MLB over team’s own sign stealing unsealed

Members of the Houston Astros took not-so-subtle jabs at the New York Yankees on Saturday morning.

The Yankees were all too happy to talk about the Astros sign stealing this spring. They were indignant and vocal after MLB confirmed long-held suspicions that Houston was illegally using electronics to steal signs and relaying them to the hitters in real-time. Having lost to the Astros in the American League Championship Series in 2017 and 2019, the Bombers — along with the Dodgers — were considered the victims of what the Astros had done.

A letter from Rob Manfred to the Yankees in 2017 about sign stealing is ordered unsealed by a judge.

However, The letter itself may not be unsealed until June 19 in order for the Yankees to file an emergency appeal.